Psychological Assessments & Interventions
The psychology department at Stars is dedicated to providing the highest quality assessment and therapy services for children and their families.
Available assessment services include:
- Cognitive and educational assessments
- Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) package assessments
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) assessments
- Exploratory clinical assessments e.g. behavioural, social and emotional functioning and/or difficulty
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Sechedule (ADOS).
Therapy services are available for individuals presenting with:
- Anxiety disorders
- Child and adolescent behavioural issues
- School refusal
- Peer difficulties/pressure e.g. Bullying
- Feeding/Eating difficulties
- Anger management
- Self-esteem issues
- Social skills concerns
- Parenting difficulties
Support is available for young people and parents, with the focus on enabling families to cope with difficult circumstances. Our aim is to provide a safe and confidential space to discuss concerns and provide techniques and strategies to help manage these difficulties. We offer a range of therapeutic approaches namely Person centered, Systemic, Cognitive and Behavioural. The best intervention suitable for each individual/family can be recommended by our psychologists.
Please contact us for further information regarding psychology therapy and assessment services.