The psychology department at Stars is dedicated to providing the highest quality assessment and therapy services for children and their families.
Support is available for young people and parents, with the focus on enabling families to cope with difficult circumstances and to help people to develop a way to help themselves. Our aim is to provide a safe and confidential space to discuss concerns and provide techniques and strategies to help manage challenges. We offer a range of therapeutic approaches namely Person centered, Systemic, Cognitive and Behavioral. The best intervention suitable for each individual/family can be recommended by our psychologists.
Available formal assessment services include:
- Cognitive and educational assessments
- Developmental assessments
- Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) package assessments
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) assessments
- Exploratory clinical assessments e.g. behavioural, social and emotional functioning and/or difficulty
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Sechedule (ADOS).
Therapy services are available for children, adolescents and parents presenting with challenges related to:
- Anxiety disorders
- Intellectual skills
- Mood problems and Depression
- Child and adolescent behavioural issues
- School refusal
- Peer difficulties/pressure eg. Bullying
- Feeding/Eating difficulties
- Anger management
- Self-esteem issues
- Social skills concerns
- Effective Parenting
Please contact us for further information regarding psychology therapy and assessment services.