Stars for Special Abilities was started serving since 2006, Stars for Special Abilities is home to a team of experts in the field of Speech, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Psychomotor Therapy and Special Education, and neurodevelopment disorders. We’ve been a leader in assessment, diagnosis, care coordination, family support and education for children with difficulties.
We provide early identification and intervention, also we provide excellence in clinical care and a wide range of educational resources and research to increase our understanding of these disorders—and hopefully one day eliminates them altogether. Working together through a team approach, we help parents and families navigate the system, overcome obstacles and assist children in reaching their optimal potential.
One thing that sets our center apart is our dedication to truly helping families get the services they need. We also offer ongoing follow-up care and coordination to help families successfully navigate the service delivery system in our local community.
Our Promise is the work of many hands, many minds, and many hearts. We will:
- Treat your child like a super star, with positive reinforcement and constant encouragement.
- Teach your child not just what to learn but how to learn so that he or she can become a more independent learner.
- Will keep your child motivated to learn
- Give you child personal attention and an individual learning plan.
- Stay in constant communication with you about your child’s progress, so you will never have to wonder how they are doing.
- Only hire highly qualified professionals who truly care about your child and will do everything in their power to make a positive and lasting difference in his or her life.
- Keep your child’s performance reports and attendance in the strictest confidence and will only share information with your written consent.
- Enable children, where possible, to integrate into mainstream schools and where not, to continue to support their ongoing needs.
- Provide parent education and build partnerships between parents and staff.
- Provide a safe, caring and enjoyable environment where children can thrive and grow towards independence.
- Provide each child with a unique individual education/therapy program tailored specifically for each child's needs and learning profile.